Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Sr. Counsel - Corporate Services Procurement & IT will report to the Managing Counsel - Finance, Projects & Procurement, and will work in the Corporate Legal Services section of a large corporate law department in a publicly traded, downstream energy company.
Responsibilities may include :
- Providing legal advice and services to the Procurement department, as well as the Information Technology (IT) department, company business and functional units, in connection with the procurement of IT and cloud services, and other general corporate procurement matters.
- Providing legal advice and services to the IT department, including the Chief Information Security Officer and the Privacy Coordinator regarding best practices and compliance with privacy and cybersecurity laws.
- Reviewing, revising, and drafting agreements between the company and corporate services suppliers being engaged by Procurement, including, when relevant, data privacy and information security provisions.
- Serving as a resource regarding procurement of IT and cloud services for company lawyers.
- Managing outside counsel retained, on occasion, in connection with the provision of such advice and services.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- J.D., L.L.B. or equivalent law degree from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association
- Currently licensed and in good standing to practice law in relevant jurisdiction(s)
- Experience and thorough working knowledge in negotiating, documenting and handling general corporate procurement contracts
- Experience in handling IT and cloud-based services contracts
? Preferred :
- Working knowledge of EU and US data privacy regulations and related contracting, notice and compliance requirements
- Working knowledge and experience drafting information protection and other IT policies, as well as providing related legal advice
- Superior negotiation, presentation, collaboration and diplomacy skills with excellent judgment and discretion
- Ability to embrace change, adapt to a dynamic environment, learn quickly, and apply company policies, procedures, operations and best practices
- Ability to manage and prioritize assignments which may be broad in scope and complexity and which involve collaborative work with a team of highly experienced lawyers, as well as employees in different departments and/or with varying degrees of seniority
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal business clients, support staff, and external resources such as outside counsel and other collaborators
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and function independently without extensive supervision
- Strong individual initiative, discipline and commitment to superior performance and continuous improvement
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Expert: Adaptability-Model Agility And Learning
- Expert: Communication-Communicate With Impact
- Expert: Judgment-Solve Problems
- Expert: Results Orientation-Drive Work Unit Success
- Expert: Strategic Thinking-Demonstrate Forward Thinking
- Expert: Talent Enhancement-Share Knowledge
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit ~~~ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co at ~~~ .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of March 22, 2019 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 49746
Department: Legal & General Counsel
Location: United States - Texas - Houston
Job Field: Legal