Giant Eagle Inc., ranked 36 on Forbes magazine's largest private corporations list, is one of the nation's largest food retailers and distributors with approximately \\$9.5 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with more than 420 stores throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia, Maryland and Indiana.
Giant Eagle was previously named America's Second Harvest Regional Retailer of the Year for its support of local food banks, and also actively supportsÃ‚Â numerous community events, the United Way, Children's Hospital, Race For The Cure and other non-profit organizations. The company also has created education initiatives such as Apples For The Students, which has provided millions of dollars in computer equipment, software and other classroom learning tools for local schools and the Be A Smart Shopper school nutrition program. Further information can be found at ~~~.Position Summary
Coordinate and manage real estate activities and strategies for GetGo convenience store format, including meeting corporate objectives for new store development, relocations, lease negotiation, and acquisitions. Manage internal and external consultants involved in the acquisition of real estate sites while expediting numerous projects simultaneously through the approval and development stages. Provide real estate support, as needed, with other Giant Eagle formats.Job Responsibilities
Education and Training RequiredExperience RequiredExperience Desired
- Execute on short-term and long-term real estate plans for GetGo based on corporate goals; including new store development, relocations, expansions, remodels and lease renewals.
- Strategically identify, track and analyze real estate and acquisition opportunities on a market by market basis.
- Lead and participate in the strategic development of the site selection criteria and market research for GetGo.
- Identify, evaluate, present, and arrange sites tours for Real Estate Team leadership and format Leadership. Present multimillion dollar investment opportunities to the Executive Real Estate Committee for approval.
- Oversee and coordinate a multidisciplinary team of internal and external resources responsible for project specific action plans on new site development, including but not limited to, due diligence, planning, zoning, entitlements, and full right to build permitting processes.
- Direct new site acquisition due diligence processes and establish initial project timing and conversion scope of works, as well as provide estimates of expected project costs based on preliminary due diligence for proforma development and analysis.
- Solve highly complex problems that have high financial stakes through careful consideration of multidimensional problems requiring cross-functional input, collaboration and teamwork.
- Ensure project requirements are satisfied and timing/budgets are maintained for capital projects. Identify potential project impediments and provide direction on appropriate course of action. Champion and proactively communicate all salient deal points to internal stakeholders of the process.
- Manage and coordinate with ECHO Realty and other external brokers to handle site identification for a variety of markets for GetGo.
- Meet with local and state agency staff and elected officials, as necessary to discuss project specific issues requiring resolution for entitlement approvals. Provide direction on course of action to address project specific issues to ensure successful project entitlement and permitting. Attend and provide presentations at public hearings and municipal meetings as owner's representative throughout development entitlement and permitting approval process.
- Negotiate and establish site specific construction related Lease Provisions, Exhibits, Development Agreements, and Easement Agreements to provide consistency and in accordance with GetGo/Giant Eagle standards and requirements. Work with developers and landlords through construction issue related lease negotiations, due diligence, site design, project entitlement, construction and final project completion.
- Enforce compliance with specific building pad acceptance criteria with real estate developers. Review and accept pad delivery based on the developer's compliance with Site Design Criteria and project specific requirements.
- Prepare, negotiate, and finalize letters of intent for execution by Vice President of Real Estate Leasing and Development. Manage and assist both internal Legal department and external legal consultants to complete required legal documents to secure property for new store development continuously weighing risk/reward factors.
- Continually update and forecast milestone dates for entitlements and pad delivery and construction project start. And, assume full responsibility for the outcome of real estate projects.
- Create and maintain location and competition maps with assistance of Site Development Administrator.
- Negotiate disposition of corporate excess property. Manage a network of external brokers and their marketing to reduce excess property liability and maximize return.
- Implement other strategic and tactical initiatives related to real estate functions within the Company
- Responsible for controlling some expense within a department. Amount of Budgetary Responsibility: \\$1 - \\$100k
- 5-10 years transactional real estate experience
- 5+ years site selection experience (ability to read/understand surveys, traffic and geotechnical reports).
Physical requirementsCompetencies Required
- Normal office environment
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Computer Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Innovation Management
- Numeric Computation/Reporting
- Open to Feedback
- Presentation & Verbal Communic
- Project Management
- Written Communication
- Fax Machine
Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle is one of the 40 largest family-operated companies in the US and operates Giant Eagle, GetGo and Market District stores. Giant Eagle has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with retail locations throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia, Maryland, and Indiana. As we continue to grow and expand, our commitment to our core values and the well-being of our Team Members, customers, and our communities is as strong as ever. We listen to what you have to say and do everything we can to provide a safe, caring, family-oriented environment.
Giant Eagle strives to be a best place to work in the eyes of the nearly 36,000 individuals who work in our stores, pharmacies, warehouses and in our corporate offices. At Giant Eagle, you'll have the opportunity to develop a real career with countless opportunities for you to grow with us. The way we conduct business and treat one another – our Team Members, customers, community members and valued partners – defines what the Giant Eagle culture is all about.